Re: Perfect Day

Subject: Re: Perfect Day
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 08:59:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry about that, Ron.  I have no idea why I thought that stating a
profession would give an indication of personal traits.

----------
> His grandfather-in-law is an aerospace engineer and I sort of expect my
son to
> be similar.  Too practical in 'some' ways.

Hey now!  Great post, Robert. One minor quibble though.  You're talking to
an SAE (Society of Aerospace Engineers) consultant who is also a card
carrying LBC addict who spent a good deal of his student loan money gassing
up his old MGB to follow Springsteen around during the '80s instead of
doing his Lagrangian Dynamics homework.  This included driving from Albany
NY to Syracuse (about 200 miles) in January 1985 the day back window in the
B shredded.  Brrr.   I once lost 5 points on a Differential Equations test
because, on one test question we were given some info and a rate of change
in several directions and asked to calculate the size of the universe.  I
started my answer by quoting Springsteen:  "I swear I found the key to the
universe in the engine of an old parked car."  Minus 5.  Einstein said
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."  The best LBC mechanics and
aerospace engineers have both.<