English Winter & Spridgets

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: English Winter & Spridgets
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 16:57:13 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi list,

It is cold here with the temperature minus freezing and lots of salt put on
the road to help rot your LBC.

Hadn't run my Sprite for weeks now, maybe a month, and at this time of year
that is never good news.  Car failed to start until I was on the 3rd set of
plugs and got the battery charger out on boost.  The state of tune of the
engine means that in the winter it will either start ok (only been left a week
or two) or flood and not start (left 3 weeks or more).

Still once it was running I found a nice piece of road to see if the
mysterious misfire was still there at 6,000rpm.  The misfire is worse under
load so given that I was in 3rd gear it was hard to tell, but the engine did
pull to 7,000rpm which in my car is 90mph+.

I think I will get a new set of leads and if the misfire is still there, look
to change one of the ignition modules.

Daniel1312