Re: 74 Midget electrics

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 74 Midget electrics
From: Peter <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 1998 08:18:34 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Frank,
        Step 1: send me the car for about a year and I'll figure it out......
or not.
Actually, I'm thinking that the ignition switch is the culprit. The 4ways
are kept pretty much separate from the rest of the ignition supply
circuits. Also, the '74 ignition switch is unique to that year. I would
suspect the wrong one?  Another random thought.... is/was the seatbelt
switch control thing bypassed properly?
You asked for "any ideas"... do bad ones count?
Good luck.   Peter C

At 09:53 PM 12/7/98 -0500, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Help!!!
>I recently (last night) picked up a 74 Midget, 30,900 original miles and
>in real nice shape. BUT.... Only the wipers work, not a bulb anywhere.
>All fuses are cleaned and good, all grounds same. All bulbs look good
>but a test lamp at any bullet connector shows no power.
>Do 74 Midgets have a hidden "tilt" switch?
>The hazard indicator blinks when the 4 ways are switched on but that's
>about it.
>No parking, head, tail, side, or signal lamps.
>All harness plugs are pluged in, no power to the stalk switch, no reason
>for it not to be there. No fryed harness, no cut wires.
>
>To quote Larry
>WTF?
>
>Any ideas?
>--
>Frank Clarici

Peter Caldwell
1 very rough Innocenti
(the Sprite with an accent)
among other LBCs and 4WDBCs
Contact for: The Columbia County Bonspiel
        Curling on 13 sheets @ 5 clubs in WI
        Feb 5 - 7 1999