new to the list

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: new to the list
From: "TOCCI, ALFRED" <ATOCCI@advanta.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 16:46:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well after being a passive onlooker to the list for the past few weeks,
I guess it's only fair if I introduce myself.  I've been a Spridget
owner for the past 4 years - a '66 that I've spent all that time
completely re-doing.  All the mechanicals came first (except front
suspension), followed by the body, which arrived home from the paint
booth about two weeks ago; now begins the reassembly.  The car came into
my life as an overpriced, bondo filled, stuck motor mess that had I
known better at the time.....well live and learn.  On the positive side,
I picked up two great $100 parts cars along the way: (1) a '69 yielding
a great 1275 with ribcase and spoked rims and (2) an early sidecurtain
model yielding a Les Leston steering wheel, and a cast aluminum valve
cover, along with some other goodies.  I'm also fortunate to have a wife
and kids that are into the hobby.  The only other tidbit (that some may
frown over) is that I don't discriminate - although the Sprite is my
baby, I'm into some other British stuff, and also have some Italian and
German metal among the collection.  If I had more room, I'd add Swedish
metal as well.  Anyway, it's a pleasure to be on the list.  I've seen
some great information shared in a very short period of time and hope to
be able to contribute along the way....Al

Al Tocci
'66 Sprite