3 wheelers was Re: The Avengermobile

To: mbrouill@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 3 wheelers was Re: The Avengermobile
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 17:01:54 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 09/12/1998  0:51:04AM,  mbrouill@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< If by tandem-seated you mean fore-and-aft like in a fighter plane it was
 >probably a Messerschmitt (sp?) K-something-or-other. There were some other
 >three wheelers with this configuration but they are much rarer. I actually
 >saw one of these on the street in Dublin when I was about 12. I thought it
 >was the damnedest thing I'd ever seen. Not really an LBC, I think most of
 >the tiny three-wheelers came from Germany, but there were a few British
 >makes. Most are side-by-side like a "normal" car. The Isetta (also German)
 >is, I think, the most common of these.  The last issue of Sports and
 >Classics has a rather unique French three-wheeler in it, BTW.

There is a big following of 3 wheel micro and bubble cars in the UK.  They are
quite expensive to buy, some more than a Spridget.  Most were made in Germany
but some given English names.

When I was a kid we had a Trojan/Hienkel bubble car.  It had one big door at
the front with the windscreen built into it along with the steering wheel.  It
was strictly a two seater but me and my kid sister sat on boxes in the back.

It had a vinyl sun roof which my Dad would stick his head out of to shout
abuse at any motorist who drove badly, etc.

Eventually while motoring at about 70mph it threw a rod and Dad sold it do an
owner whose Bubble car had a rusty body but good engine.

Along with a Fire Engine it is one of the vehicles I would buy if I had money
to waste.

Daniel1312