Bonnet hinge testing my sanity

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bonnet hinge testing my sanity
From: Eriks Skinkis <eriks@netspace.net.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 10:18:43 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
One of my bonnet hinges has developed an annoying high pitched squeeking
noise that is absolutely driving me batty. It only squeeks when the
bonnet is down (took me a while to locate the source as I originally
thought it was the speedo). This is the later type multiple moving joint
type hinges.

I've oiled all the moving joints and this helped a little but hasn't
totally fixed. Has anyone else had this problem and what did you do to
fix it?

Please help..... before the squeeking drives me crazy and I decide to
fix using a BIG hammer!

Eriks.

Midget '70