brake lines was Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update

To: adrian@icx.net, Lancer7676@aol.com, Ulix@u.washington.edu
Subject: brake lines was Re: 12/8 '77 Midget update
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 15:15:17 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Are there two different questions here?

I have exchanged standard rubber flexible brake lines for braided steel lines
and have been satisfied for years.  The only reason I have ever come across
for NOT using them is that some early ones, at least in the UK, do not confirm
to some spec or other, so while being superior by a mile, can technically be
illegal.  Some later ones are legal.  Ulix has confirmed this in his e-mail on
the subject.  I have found you get a much harder pedal than with rubber lines
and they last much much longer.

As far as rigid brake lines go it is not recommended that they be replaced
with flexible lines - albeit in braided steel.  I forget why.

Replacing rigid steel lines with copper or copper/nickel is an accepted mod
over here because they do not corrode like steel.  I have never heard of rigid
stainless steel lines but guess there is no reason for them not to exist.

Daniel 1312