Re: copper vs. steel

To: Lancer7676@aol.com
Subject: Re: copper vs. steel
From: pasgeirsson@juno.com (Paul A Asgeirsson)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 11:17:06 EST
Cc: Lancer7676@aol.com, john.kahoon@juno.com, simon_matthews@avanticorp.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yes, I've installed them in customers cars.  They are  wonderful to work
with.  Not too stiff, or too soft.  Sorta like the three bears story,
just right.  The new steel ones are also  nice to work with.  They are
easily bent, with or without a tubing bender and easy to put a double
flare or bubble flare on should you need to customize one.

I think that stainless would be a real overkill for strength.  They are
tough to work with too.  Remember now, the original steel lines have
lasted 30 to 40 years and the second 40 years life on these cars will be
much better protected by the owners of our LBCs.  They will hardly get
wet!

The brake line sets, ready made from England for the Morris, are all of
the copper nickel variety.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com