Found; '74 MG Midget For Sale

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Found; '74 MG Midget For Sale
From: billwalters2@juno.com (William M Walters)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 21:00:30 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Spridgeteers!
     I found a '74 Midget today in our local Ad Bulletin.  I saw it this
evening (by flashlight).  I has had some cosmetic work and a bad paint
job (red).  The SUs have been replaced with something American.  The DPO
had to cut a hole in the hood for the air cleaner.  It has a hard top on
it and a new soft top still in the box in the seller's house.  The
tonneau is in good shape.  It runs smoothly, but I couldn't drive it
since it was blocked in the carport by other cars.  The trans shifted
smoothly though. The seller has the original seats and carbs and some
other small parts.  The floors have been replaced.  I didn't see any
rust, but it wasn't optimum lighting.  All in all it looked decent.  No
smoke.  It has supposedly been stored since '78.  55K miles showing.
     This seller is a "wheeler dealer".  He traded something for it and
expects to make a profit in the deal.  From the looks of his yard, I
would say he usually comes out ahead in his deals.  He is asking $2800
for the car, but some of you horse traders might beat him down.  I have
no interest in it other than to want an LBC lover to have it and treat it
with care and drive it forever.

Bill Walters
Former 30 year owner of "Snoopy"
a '58 Bugeye.  Sadly missed.