Re: Wind tunnel access

To: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>, <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Wind tunnel access
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 19:53:37 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Downforce is a beautiful thing.  There was (according to folklore) a batch
of early XK-120s imported to the states that kicked the snot out of
everything, including other 120s.   It was determined that this batch had
come off a particular ship somewhere in Jersey or New York, and while being
driven off the boat had damage that creased the underpinnings, creating a
venturi effect and providing downforce (or, more likely just reducing lift)
that wasn't present before.

True?  Doubt it, but great legend anyway.

Spridgets@autox.team.net