Re: Alternative seats for Spridgets

To: JustBrits@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternative seats for Spridgets
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 19:41:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ed,

I agree that will work for autocross.  In fact the belts I run are fixed
shoulder/lap belts. which are a huge improvement over retractable belts
for security.

What I need is a seat that will fit between the lower leg of a roll bar
(eventually to be a roll cage so it needs to go to the floor) and the
driveshaft tunnel.  The lower leg of the cage takes up too much room so
the seat needs to go forward about 2.75 inches and 2.75 inches is 2.5
inches too much  when you are talking about leg room in a spridget.

Ideally:
The seat should take a 5 point harness.
The seat should look "vintage".
It should be decent for lateral support
It should be OK for street use (not perfect just OK)
It shouldn't cost $300.00
It should be accepted (when installed properly) by Vintage organization
such as SVRA.
It should fit in the car with the roll bar in place.

Yes I want the best of both worlds and not pay an arm and a leg for
it.......  Any ideas besides a 3" lap belt?

Richard L. Bergstrom
Central Virginia British Car Club
Richmond, VA
'73 Midget