Judson (long)

To: Bkitterer@aol.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Judson (long)
From: GMari58175@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:35:33 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-12-16 02:08:26 EST, Bkitterer writes:

<<
 <<PS:  Very important that you get yourself a vacume/pressure gauge.  This
 monitors when the blower is activated.>>

 George,

 Did not understand this comment, wonder if I am reading it correctly.  The
Judson is always activated it just varies the psi as a function of torque.
There are other blowers that can be turned on and off but none come to mind
for Sprites.

Bob,
sorry if I didn't use the right terms.  Actually the blower is always "on" but
not always blowing.  What I meant is that when you are just cruising on the
highway, and not asking for more punch the blower is not pumping pressurized
air it basically is not engaged.  The vacume/pressure gauge tells you when the
blower is "blowing".  You'll kill an engine fast with sustained long term
pressurized air being exerted into the engine.
 <<You don't want to be cruising for a long time with the blower active.>>

 Am puzzled by this. When I had a Judson on my car (with the 948) I drove it
every where with out any problems.  This included a 10 day , 3700 mile trip
with the car loaded, and two people.  We went from sea level to passes over
10,000 feet, it was like having a 1275 that did not care what altitude you
were at.  The blower was installed on a unmodified from the factory engine at
5,000 miles.  It was suggested that I not spend to much time above 4,000 rpm
because nothing had been done to the engine which was OK as the speed limit
was 55 mph in those days.  The only some what annoying thing with the Judson
was when you refilled the oil reserve it behaved like pouring carburetor
cleaner in, you fumigated about half a block with this immense white cloud of
smoke for about five minuets.
 You probably spent a good portion of that trip not pushing for more power,
which is when the blower  does it's pumping.  I know all about the inverse
oiler and the pretty cloud of smoke the Marvel Mystery oil makes.  Mostly
happens when the cars been idiling for a while.  All that oil that's been
building up.
 <<I also installed an NOS Judson Electronic Magneto (positive ground).  It
works
 great and really looks cool too.>>

 I have one of these in the garage but do not know if it is the unit for
Sprites, can  you send me the model number?
 Can't find the model number on any of the literature and I'm not home to
check it out.  It's black and chrome with fins.  Has two large aluminum nuts
for the wires.  There's a round metal emblem on the top with tw stick figures
standing.  Odd sounding but that's it.
  <<Are you part of the Judson list?>>

 Maybe I should get on that list, still have my blower in the garage just can
not decided what I want to do with it.
Hope to see you on the Judson list.

George Marinos