I'm not a traitor but...follow up (no LBC content)

To: Spridget mail list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I'm not a traitor but...follow up (no LBC content)
From: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 11:17:59 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all,
    I hope that your holidays are all going well so far, and that Santa
brought you genuine British parts.

I wanted to do an update for all those who expressed interest and/or
support for the Fury that made its way into my driveway.

    It arrived off the truck on the 21st.  What a tank!  Of course we
always knew our LBC's were small.  But compared to an American car of
the 60's, they are downright into the Shriner car category.  It is about
2 feet longer than my Transsport Minivan.  Trunk will sleep three.

    There are 19,819 miles on the clock.  Still has the original tires
on it.  The original spare is in the trunk, along with the paper sticker
that tells you how to change the tire.  The interior is perfect.  Unlike
our little open cars, it has survived virtually intact.  The biggest
problem on the inside is mildew.  It sat in a garage in Portland for the
past 15 years.  It's gonna take a while to clean it all up.

    The outside is perfect, but the paint is in bad need of buffing.
The chrome is all there, no rust or dings,  and I took a little brasso
to the bumper that hasn't been polished in 20 years.  Came out looking
like a mirror.  There is a small area of rust beginning by the back
window, and a couple of little surface spots in the engine compartment,
which still has all the original stickers in it.

    When I sit in it, I get the same feeling that I get when I sit in
the Sprite.  I go back to a time when life was simpler, cars were more
fun, and they had a thing called style.  Not like today when you can't
tell a toyota from a mazda from GM at a distance.
I hope to have some pictures up on the web site soon for anyone who is
interested.

Steve
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."