Re: I'm not a traitor but...follow up (no LBC content)

To: samesq@pacbell.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: I'm not a traitor but...follow up (no LBC content)
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 21:22:41 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 12/26/98 2:15:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
samesq@pacbell.net writes:

<<    There are 19,819 miles on the clock.  Still has the original tires
 on it.  The original spare is in the trunk, along with the paper sticker
 that tells you how to change the tire.  The interior is perfect.  Unlike
 our little open cars, it has survived virtually intact.  The biggest
 problem on the inside is mildew.  It sat in a garage in Portland for the
 past 15 years.  It's gonna take a while to clean it all up.

     The outside is perfect, but the paint is in bad need of buffing.
 The chrome is all there, no rust or dings,  and I took a little brasso
 to the bumper that hasn't been polished in 20 years.  Came out looking
 like a mirror.  There is a small area of rust beginning by the back
 window, and a couple of little surface spots in the engine compartment,
 which still has all the original stickers in it. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Steve,

There always seems to be something to be jealous about on this list!  First
Rich gets a dream garage, now you get an original Plymouth with 19k on the
clock.  It sounds like a car to keep.  I see the show cars that have paint
drips and hang tags in the original locations, knowing that I could never
restore one to the same level.

Sorry this is a little late (blame it on the holidays).  Anyway, to clean the
mildew inside, mix up a dilute mixture of bleach with a lot of water.  Too
much bleach and you'll lighten the interior.  Just a little bleach is all you
need to kill the mildew.  All the miracle mildew removers you see advertised
are just expensive little bottles of bleach.

Best of luck with the Fury.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport