Re: FS expensive 1960 Bugeye

To: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FS expensive 1960 Bugeye
From: "Leo S." <ldsp@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 11:16:03 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I looked at a car this weekend while finishing stripping out two bugeyes in
a wrecking yard of any usable restorable parts. The car was a early 9 stud
windscreen. Rust and bondo everywhere, single SU carb!! , highback buckets ,
chrome luggage rack strips drilled into the rear deck , dash totally
butchered. Asking price $4k. firm. I almost fell over laughing. He informed
me it was very rare and worth every cent. I offered him a
new replacement windshield for the original windshield glass as it was
perfect but no such luck as I knew already. At his price just my body ought
to be worth 15K as it had zero rust originally except for the beading which
I had replaced with new stainless beading.

Leo