Weather Reports

To: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, mgs-digest <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Weather Reports
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 22:47:58 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi all, especially those living between Milwaukee, Wisconsin and
Charleston, South Carolina.  I would like to request some road updates
for my son's group.

Adam (son) is a jr. in college and is driving a 15 passenger van from
Milwaukee to Charleston for a Habitat for Humanity project .  They were
supposed to leave Saturday - Ha!!  Even we Wisconsinites know when to
hibernate!!  (Ron Soave, you're going to ENJOY living in the Great White
North!!)  Adam intends to leave from Green Bay on Monday morning and
drive straight through to Charleston (they have 5 other drivers).  The
questions are:
1.  How is the ice on the east side of the Appalachians?
2.  Plan "A" is Chicago to Cincinnati to Knoxville to Asheville to
Charleston; any
     problems?
3.  Plan "B" is Chicago to Marion, IL (where I-57 and I-24 split), then
either,
     Nashville to Knoxville, or Memphis  to Atlanta, and then
Charleston.  This is longer
     but perhaps safer?

These big vans are not our nimble LBC's and with 40mph winds handle like
a barn in tornado season.   I apologize for blasting the list with this
but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Dave Woerpel
59 :()
59 MGA