Re: Datsun 5-speed conversion

To: millerls@email.msn.com, pauld@ekpc.com
Subject: Re: Datsun 5-speed conversion
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:59:24 EST
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 31/12/1998  9:43:54PM,  millerls@email.msn.com writes:

<< 1st is slightly lower and the change between 2nd and 3rd is greater than
the
 Sprite. In my case 3rd gear is too high, I have to go to 2nd where before I
 would go to 3rd. >>

Hi List,

All the japanese boxes have ratios like that.  I have an English Ford box
(that went in a Merkur?? in the USA??) that is fitted with close ratio helical
gears that is a dream.  For the Europeans on the list a German company has
also just produced a Ford kit.

The thing with the Ford kit is that even if you can't afford the fancy gear
set to begin with you can always pull the box (and engine) for a rebuild when
funds permit. AND you can get a quick shift gear lever for the Ford box.

Daniel1312