Re: Bugeye Windshield Wipers

To: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Windshield Wipers
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 17:20:15 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Scott & Glenda Meyers wrote:

> 1) Where was the windshield wiper motor mounted?
Between the brake master and the heater box.

> 2) I have a 75 'donor Midget' car for some pieces - is the
> windshield wiper *motor* the same (I know it has three wiper
> assemblies, and mine has two).

This would have to be mounted like it is on the Midget on top of the
wheel arch but it would give you 2 speed wipers.
The later motors mount differently.

> 3) Are the 'drivers' (or whatever they are called, that which the
> wiper itself attaches to) the same? Can I move two of those to my
> car?

If you use the rack and wheel boxes from the 75 along with the motor,
all will work. Just leave out one of the wheel boxes.
Some alterations to the rack tube may be neccessary and can be done
with  some small copper tubing and a flaring tool.

Now if I could only adapt this set up to my A40.
You should see how the wiper motor is mounted in that car.
Vertically!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ