Installing Wheel Bearings

To: spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Installing Wheel Bearings
From: chuckc <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 08:06:02 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I hope to be installing new wheel bearings
on all 4 this weekend. Any tips and helpful
suggestions gratefully appreciated!

Like, fer instance, what's the "best" way to get
the bearings back into the hubs? Can I tap them, or
will that make them come apart (as they did when I
removed them)?

The BOOK sez to use grease on the rear wheel bearings.
Howcum? Won't it be immediately washed off by the
diff fluid? I don't see any way to keep it out.
When the old bearings came out, they were liberally
covered with oil film, but not a sign of grease.
What gives?

chuck