Front suspension rebuild...parts I am looking for

To: spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Front suspension rebuild...parts I am looking for
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 08:30:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Spridgeteers,

I am in process of researching front end rebuilds.

I know someone with a reamer so I can get this done myself (Ithink you
also need a press? he should have that to.).

I have noticed that Vic Brit have complete king pin and axle assemblies
already rebuilt.  I worry about the quality of the work and the what they
do with the cores....Have they been used on one of Mike Gigantes race
cars in a past life?  Are they ready to snap off? Is this such an easy
job that there is 0 chance of screwing up? Ordering "ready made" really
appeals to me as it is a day job at that point.

My cores look great, but I wouldn't reuse them unless they were
magnafluxed or crack tested.  AutoX and the big tires has to have a
negative affect.

I am seriously thinking of springing for the Mini Mania Welded spindles
as the car will eventually be raced and I am planning on some track time
this year.

Any other concerns with a front end rebuild.  I am going back with poly
bushings and rod end upper shock link.  It currently has lower springs,
carrerra gas shicks and a big sway bar.

Has anyone ever looked at what it would take to swap the ball joint front
hubs out of the GM cars that fit our bolt pattern to get rid of the
kinpins entirely?  They are probably way to tall for a Spridget.

The parts I am looking for (and would rather buy from a lister lightly
used or new not installed) are the following:

LCB header for 1275
Double bearing rear axle hubs
Hard top (BMC like you'd see on a vintage rally car)
Assorted "race car" parts like fuel cells, fire systems, etc

Commercial vendors feel free to email me directly.

Richard L. Bergstrom, President, Central Virginia British Car Club,
Richmond, VA
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~http://www.centralvamg.com/~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!  The MG club is no more.  We now welcome with open arms

   all forms of automobile from the British Isles.  If you love Brit cars
and live within
      100 miles of Richmond Virginia you should join us!      Email me
for INFO!