Re: Pennzoil Motorsports Show

To: ctp@gbn.org, Ajhsys@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Pennzoil Motorsports Show
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:39:59 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 13/1/1999  6:00:44PM,  ctp@gbn.org writes:

<< A friendly warning

 I just recently went to the Performance trade show in Sacramento, and while
 it was great for racing, and to a much lesser degree for hot rods, it was
 of no use whatsoever to my LBC craft. >>

I went to the English Racing Car Show and IT DID HAVE  a bearing on what I do
with my LBC.  Because,  I found the company who do coatings for exhausts and
inlet manifolds (probably every A Series engine would benefit from a heat
coating on the inlet manifold).  Also I got to chat to the guys from ARP
including Carroll Smith and THEY DO STUFF FOR THE A SERIES ENGINE.  I asked
around about what plugs leads are best.  I met some old pals and had a chat.
I browsed a whole pile of motoring/engineering books but decided not to buy
any of them (decision later regretted)

Sure, a racing show is about racing cars and racing parts but even for those
who don't race (me included) there is often a lot of useful stuff - you just
have to have an enquiring mind and think:  Hey could I do something like that
with my Sprite?

Daniel1312