Re: Roadster vs Convertible terminology (long)

To: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: Roadster vs Convertible terminology (long)
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:15:54 -0500
Cc: "'Swift Justice'" <samesq@pacbell.net>, "Ajhsys@aol.com" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
My .02 cents on terminology.
GT like in MGB-GT would be wrong as I was tought.
GT originally meant "Grand Touring" and Grand Touring refered to a 4
door convertable. A grand (big) car meant for touring (being able to see
things) At least that is what I was told by some one much older then me
so his word was so! (respect my elders)
Now take a Pontiac GTO (Grand Touring Option) Most were hardtops, non
were 4 door. Go figure!
How about RS - Rally Sport. Here we go again. A Camaro RS was neither a
rally car nor a sports car when driven off the car lot. a few stripes on
the hood and they called it a "Rally Sport".

Marketing is a wonderful thing. Would you buy parts from a seller that
said their parts were way over priced, made of cheap low quality
materials, and will probably need major modifications to fit?
We have all seen the hamburger ads on TV and in magazines, they really
look good but when you go to McDs you actually get about the most
unappettizing looking rat burger ever. But you eat it!

How did I get from roadsters to rat burgers?

later