Re: DIY Carpet + DPO

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: DIY Carpet + DPO
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 09:25:38 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 1/15/99 7:00:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
spritenut@Exit109.com writes:

<< See my tech tip on PDLJMPR about DIY carpets.
 The quality of the store bought (or upholstry shop) bulk carpet is ten
 fold over the kits. The finished job (although not original) looks much
 nicer and fits much better then any kit I have ever seen.
 A quality carpet set (note quality) will run around $300.
 You can do it yourself for about $50. Or buy the catolog kits for $150
 and watch them fall apart in a year.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanks for this reminder, Frank.  I was still deciding what to do for carpets
in my '77 Midget, when the sale catalog from VB came.  I had read your article
on carpets, and even printed it out for future reference, and this post
brought it back to mind before I made a mistake.  (I didn't order the VB kit!)

When we warm up a bit I will be removing the seats and floor carpet to see
what condition the floorboards are in.  Since I am not going for concours (I
just want to have fun!) I may reinforce the floorboards with fiberglass.  I
bought some Corroless from Eastwood when I went out there, to seal the rust
first.

Since I am rapidly running out of money, your carpet fitment instructions are
just the ticket.  Thanks!

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget (DSP)
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport (HS)