Re: Doors on a Mk 4 Sprite.

Subject: Re: Doors on a Mk 4 Sprite.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:21:21 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I disagree.  Sure it's not much fun reinstalling these pieces, but
I think they have to be out to repair and reinforce the "crack of doom"
areas.  My body guy took care of the cracks in front and reinforced from
the inside, but like a complete moron, he didn't do anything about the
pronounced cracks at the rear top of the door.  The paint cracked after
the first drive!

Ulix

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 SirIanOfCa@aol.com wrote:

> Being a beginner I was full of enthusiasm when it came to stripping down my
> car and strip it I did.There was not one part left on the bare bones shell.The
> car was amazingly solid and had some very light surface rust.I took care of
> the rust and when it came time to start priming I made the mistake of taking
> all the components out of the door so as to prime and paint them properly.
>
> For any other New or inexperienced people such as myself out there.Take my
> word for it.  DONT DO THIS It isnt worth the heartache.They do not go back in
> as easy as they come out.Mask them off and then paint its a lot easier.
>
> Ian.  67 Sprite.

                                              '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9