Re: Bugeye steering wheel

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: rcarlson@csw.com
Subject: Re: Bugeye steering wheel
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:17:02 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Bob,
I don't recall that bushing being thick enough to make a difference. I'm trying
to remember, I think
it may be approximately 1/8" thick.

You might have a contact from a later car. Why not take it apart, shorten the
plastic tube,
reassemble it and then, VOILA!, beep the horn.

This may require the use of a soldering gun.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6
Innocenti-S

On 01/21/99 13:59:13 you wrote:

>       There is a bushing that fits just underneath the steering wheel. Two
>questions re this bushing: a) what is it made of and b) does the addition of
>this bushing force the
steering wheel to set further out?

>       I ask this because I am trying to figure out why my horn brush does not
>fit into the hole in
the steering wheel. It appears to be to long -- but if there's a bushing that
is missing which may
cause the wheel to set out 3/8" or so -- then the brush would probably fit.