Re: paint scheme Now changing to Midget colors for race car

To: ric_bergstrom@juno.com, bhndrson@west.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: paint scheme Now changing to Midget colors for race car
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 17:53:05 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 23/1/1999  2:24:48PM,  ric_bergstrom@juno.com writes:

<< The car is white now which is fine if a little unimaginative..(pardon me
 to any white spridget owners) >>

My tuppence worth is that white is BUT needs an imaginative stripe on it -
like Fred Krampits (Hi Fred, liked the stripe on your car, read your stuff in
MG World, haven't got round to saying so till now).

Or Frank's yellow Bugeye has a very neat stripe arrangement on it which I
really liked - Classic & Sportscar magazine printed a photo of it with a short
write up of Sprite Rush 98.

Here in the UK I have a friend with a Morris Minor in standard dark blue but
with an amazing white strip (two thin, one thick) that also incorporate a
small crossed union jack and chequered flag motif and runs right down the
middle of the car.

Sure, there are lots of fancy ways to do a paint job but you could also keep
the paint job you have, save a ton of money BUT do something interesting with
stripes on the bonnet, bood, etc rather than the sides.

Have a look at some photos of other cars and see what you like.

For the record my Sprite is red (red cars go faster) and has no trim and soon
no badges, it does have 5.5" wire wheels which 'make the car' but otherwise is
delibrately understated.  I keep it that way because it doesn't attract any
attention from the police and is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  If I raced it on
the track nothing would change.

Daniel1312