Re: Compression

To: justincook@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Compression
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 12:52:55 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi Justin,

You didn't stae how many compression strokes you made while getting the
reading.  I always do at least four strokes on each cylinder and jotting
down the result each time.  If you did only one stroke and got 85, that
might be OK, seems a little low, but if you did four, then that figure is
decidedly low.  Four strokes will normally get you up to the 135-160 psi
range.  You should have 10% or less variation between cylinders.

Doing four or more strokes, (do the same for each cylinder,) will give a
better indication of the condition of the rings and or valves, than just
one stroke will.

Regards, Paul

PAsgeirsson@juno.com