Off to a good start!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Off to a good start!
From: "Paul Dolloff" <pauld@ekpc.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:10:03 EST5EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

I brought the '66 in to work today!  Good weather (top up, though -
will be down this afternoon).  I live 9.5 miles from work, stay on
two lane roads, 3 stops sign, and no traffic lights all of which is
the closest way.

I get on the last stretch of two lane when I decide to wind her up
and get into 5th gear.  I'm really moving now and just as I approach
the entrance, she starts to sputter, pop, cough, etc. and then the
old familar... fast clicking of the fuel pump.  You got it - out of
gas!  No oncoming cars, swing a left hand turn with way too much
speed, negotiate the parking lot curves and turns, spot an empty
space, manage to creep her in and just have enough momentum for the
front tires to meet the concrete stop.

A gallon from the company lawn mowing department, and were back in
business.

I'm having too much fun!
Paul
Paul A. Dolloff, Ph.D.