Gas tank question

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas tank question
From: "Biff Jones" <biffjones@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 12:39:27 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

While exploring a minor gas leak where the fuel line exits the
tank I found out that the fuel line was cracked where it goes
into the compression fitting. This is on a bugeye. I can repair
what I've found, BUT, do have a question.  Is the fuel line
supposed to go through the compression fitting and into the
tank(aka, pickup tube)    or      is the fuel pickup tube in the
tank a seperate piece?  On mine looking in the compression
fitting hole I see the pickup tube which is seperate from the gas
line.  Is this the way it's supposed to be or do I have a DPO
fixit?  None of the manuals I have show how this is supposed to
be......

Thanks,

Biff, AN5, 'Kermit' & HAN6, 'Ole Gray'