Re: Rear end drain plug tool

To: Mark Snowdon <racer45@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end drain plug tool
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 19:24:52 -0800
Cc: mrbugeye@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Mark Snowdon wrote:

> Did anyone ever come up with what size bit(socket with stub) was needed
> to pull the rear end fill plug? I remember a few people who had ground
> down a larger allen key or similar tool to fit the hole in the plug, but
> what is the size that I can tell the Mac Tool guy next time I see him.
>
> Mark Snowdon
> with a Sprite raring for the road......

Just stick the 3/8 drive of your ratchet wrench in the square hole and
unscrew it.
Others have gone as far as to grind down a 1/2" ratchet wrench extension
to fit the plug perfectly. This should NOT be done with "Mac" tools but
with the cheapo chinese jobs available for $5 for a whole assortment.
1/2" is a bit big, 3/8 is a bit small so the actual size of the plug
must be 7/16". I always used just the drive end of a 3/8 ratchet with no
troubles.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ