Re: Rear end drain plug tool

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear end drain plug tool
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:00:26 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/2/1999  1:30:34PM,  richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

<< We've seen some good suggestions on how to make an appropriate tool for
 removing Spridget drain plugs.  I'm just wondering, did anyone else
 replace their plug(s) with a more normal one when they changed their
 fluid? >>

Hi Richard, list,

The 'new world' must be a strange place.  here in the 'old country' you just
buy the proper tool that looks like a metal dog bone and fits any number of
axle drain plugs including the one on the Spridget (which is always turn up
really tight).  The other end of the 'bone has a square orifice that undoes
the filler plug on the back axle.  Cost just a few pounds each - every toolbox
should have one - put on the Valentines present list, below the Snap-On
wrenches (Cupid is bringing me a Snap-On Phillips screwdriver this year!).

Daniel 1312