Brakes And Other Things

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes And Other Things
From: "Larry Miller" <millerls@ado13.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:31:18 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Really just venting...  Finally got around to putting in fluid and trying to
bleed the brakes on the new Bugeye. No Joy yet. Both rebuilt calipers leaked
around the pistons. Mini Mania is replacing them. The newly sleeved master
cylinder has a leak somewhere. The rear banjo connections to the wheel
cylinders have seepage. All parts and I do mean all, are new.

Oh well. I will try again when I get the calipers back.

On another subject, and this is kind of funny. I have the Frontline shock
conversion kit on the front and just got around to trying to install the
rubber bumpers under the shock arms. Jacked up the suspension, installed the
bumper, let the jack down, and the bumper falls to the floor. The part that
goes through the hole was sliced off cleanly. This was a new bumper. Went
and got an old one and tried again. Now when I let the jack down, it just
pushes the bumper out of the hole. Tried again with different new/old ones
and the same thing. The problem appears to be that the contact plate on the
upper arm is at the same angle as the arm. On the lever shock this plate is
higher on one side then the other and hits the bumper in such a way as to
push it flat against the mount. The Frontline pushes it outward and it just
pops out of the hole.

This car is really resisting efforts to get on the road.

Larry Miller "I started out with nothing...I still have most of it"
60 Bugeye
59 Bugeye
78 911 SC (Faster than a Bugeye but not as much fun)
Home Page http://www.ado13.com