reversing the earth

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: reversing the earth
From: "Bruce Woodward" <brucewoodward@kconline.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 21:02:05 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I had always wanted to slow the earth's rotation down so I could enjoy
longer days.......

somewhere in the past, a DPO changed/semi-changed over my 65 Mark II Midget
to Negative Earth.  the tach doesn't work, the charging system didn't work
for awhile but miraculously started working.

As I have a good chunk of car apart (motor & tranny out) and getting ready
to reassemble, I want to revert back to positive earth.

I can trace wires to make sure they are as wiring diagram states, but the
question is:

how does starter motor know to turn right way, doesn't reversing polarity
change rotation?   the dynamo; what prep needs to be done if anything to
change polarity.

your comments are greatly appreciated.

brucewoodward@kconline.com