RE: reversing the earth

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: reversing the earth
From: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:31:26 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
When my car was converted by the PO to Negative Earth, he did everything
right except the tach. He just wired it in as it would have been in a
positive earth car. It originally had a mechanical tach, the one he used is
labeled "positive earth." When I followed the PDLJMPR negative earth
conversion for the tach, changing the loop direction, and
removing/replacing the component inside, it still didn't work. I assumed it
got fried by being hooked up backwards. It does twitch a little in
acknowledgment of the fact that the car is running but it doesn't indicate
engine RPM. If it is fried is it repairable? If it isn't any suggestions?

Phil Vanner
Mk1 Midget
(on the road last Saturday)