Re: Fw: Water temp sending unit threads?

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Water temp sending unit threads?
From: Eriks Skinkis <eriks@netspace.net.au>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:04:01 +1100
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

I tried what you are trying a couple of years ago and if I remeber
correctly I
don't think you can screw the sending unit directly into the head as it
is too
long, not enough clearance inside the head.

There is usually an adapter piece that is screwed into the head, and
then the temp
sending unit is screwed into the adapeter piece, the adapter piece makes
the sender
unit sit further out giving it the extra internal clearance.

Cheers,
Eriks Skinkis

Midget '71