Re: My Tires was Tires: A Story (Long)

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: My Tires was Tires: A Story (Long)
From: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@icx.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:46:15 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Larry Macy wrote:

> Up until last year I always had Michelins. Am now sporting Continentals.
> Couldn't afford the Michies and couldn't find a good Brit style pattern
> on anything else. After driving on them for nearly 2 years and currently
> driving daily I don't think I like the way they handle very well.
> Especially in the wet. I'll go for the Michies or Dunlops nextime.

My Michelin's were just $39 each with a 60,000 mile warranty (that I would
have received had they installed the tires on the car).  Wholesale clubs are
beautiful things.  I priced the same tires at National Tire and Battery and
the set would have cost me $160 more (total installation cost at both
places).  They are expensive, but after riding on them I can't stand
anything else.  I guess that's why they are normally so expensive...I find
if I get anything else, the more I hate them, the less they wear down, and
I'd feel bad replacing perfectly good tires.

adrian

--
J. Adrian Barnes

"When there was no meat, we ate