Re: [Fwd: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......] boundary="-------

To: robert@woozy.com
Subject: Re: [Fwd: ummm..... houston, we have a problem.......] boundary="------------EA99879F51D7DCD544389CFF"
From: Paul A Asgeirsson <pasgeirsson@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 00:32:14 EST
Cc: eybdoogy@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Whoa! Whoa! Whoa up there friend!

Assuming that the vibration damper ring isn't slipping and that you have
the right vibration damper mounted and the pointer is the right one for
the damper, then idle at 600 RPM with the vacuum disconnected should be
about 8 degrees BTDC.  With the dizzy advance, vacuum advance combined,
then at high RPM (3000-3500) the TOTAL advance should not be greater than
about 30 degrees.  Timing advance+dizzy advance+vacuun
advance=approximately 30 degrees.

If you have an idle advance of a true 30 degrees, you will have kick back
on the starter and will likely damage the engine when running at that
much beginning idle advance.

Paul
PAsgeirsson@juno.com