RE: Then and Now was 100-6 Car Numbers

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: Healeys@autox.team.net
To: filardi@uconect.net
Subject: RE: Then and Now was 100-6 Car Numbers
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 07:00:04 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Martin,
An Innocenti-S is an Italian Sprite, of course.

The Innocenti-S used a Sprite floor pan and mechanicals supplied by BMC upon
which a Ghia bodyshell was attached. The car was produced under license by BMC
and  was assmebled in Turin by Innocenti which also produced the Lambretta
Motor Scooter and various other BMC vehicles.

To many observers, the car has the fleeting sppearance of a Fiat. To any Sprite
enthusiast, the underpinnings are obvious.

Innocenti "Sprites" were produced from 1961 thru 1970 with their mechanicals
roughly following current Sprite specifications. Approximately 17,500 vehicles
were assembled through the production run in various different specification.
While most were sold in the old country, Hambro
imported a small volume of cars into the U.S.

All Innocenti's sport roll-up windows, a folding top and locking boot. They are
also slightly wider than a Sprite and therefore offer some additional interior
room.

For additional information, see Horler's book, the Road & Track road test book
on Sprites or T&CC or other British Mags that featured the car in past articles.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6