Re: Stuck in 1st

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Justin Cook" <justincook@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Stuck in 1st
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:08:58 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Miss Kathy's bugeye had just got the new 1275 and ribcage... she wanted to
drive the snot out of her car and wanted a tick more power.... Hmmm I built
a real nice street motor with all the goodies and did some real nice
balancing and so on... Anyway... someone from the Atlanta club knew I was
doing this and gave my Name to Grass Roots motor sports who was doing an
article on sprites... They had rented Road Atlanta and we were out to do a
comparison test of the bug eye and the box's and some race cars.... Well
the deal was the writer had to drive the bugeye... he got a little bit of
seat time but in mean time I got several laps on the track.... came in to
the pits and parked it on a hill and stuck it in first.... YEP the trans
overshifted first.. and there I was stuck in first..  and the skid pad
tests still weren't done.... Oh well... always been of the opinion that if
a motor is going to come apart it is going to come apart... and we did the
skid pad with it stuck in first...  Miss Kathy wasn't impressed that she
had not even got the chance to drive the car prior to me snatching the
motor and trans again... She loves that car and so to do I.... I took the
948 and smoothcase and put them away... someday when I have nothing else to
do.... I might even do a Real Restoration on it...
Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

> From: David Ramsey <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>
> To: Justin Cook <justincook@yahoo.com>
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Stuck in 1st
> Date: Sunday, February 21, 1999 9:38 PM
>
> Get a "good" used ribcase, yea right, good luck, finding a good rebuilt
one is hard.  I have two "good rebuilt ribcase trans" both whine and pop
out of gear.  I understand you can get a really good rebuilt one for $1200,
I gave up and got a 5-speed.