Re: Classic tube

To: Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Classic tube
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 23:21:14 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Leo,

Ordered a complete set of stainless brake, clutch, and fuel lines from Classic
Tube 2 years ago.  I sent them my old ones to use as a pattern.  The fuel line
did not have the coil to the mechanical pump so I inserted a piece of coathanger
and made up the bends;same with the coils for the slave cylinder.  I sent them
in a bicycle box(expensive!).  When I got the parts back they were in the same
box with the long pieces (fuel and main brake line) bent slightly to fit the
box.  No problem, they straightened right out.  The only problem I did have was
the fittings on the rear lines were SAE and not British.  I had to send them
back and they put on the correct fittings.
I had to send them back anyway as the rears did not fit correctly; MY FAULT.
The P.O. had made up new lines and routed them differently.  So out with the
coathanger again to make a pattern and back came perfect rear lines.  The lines
were made exactly as the pieces I had sent.  I hardly had to bend anything to
line up during final assembly.
I was really happy with the service and the product.  The usual disclaimers
apply.
Good luck,
Dave