Re: Ca Title

To: itsmike@lj.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ca Title
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 03:46:09 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/28/99 6:28:42 AM, itsmike@lj.net writes:

<< Ok the wire on the tach is cut in half, no loop or nethein just danglin
there.. How do i fix the tach and is there another way to tell ifs its been
converted to neg ground? >>

Mike,

This sounds like someone at least started to convert the car to negative
ground.  The white wire should go from the ignition switch, via the tach, to
the SW terminal on the coil.  If this wire is cut the car will not run unless
another wire has been installed in its place.  It does not have to go to the
tach for the car to run but of course the tach will not work then.  On the
back of the tach, left hand side there should be a threaded post.  On the post
should be a plastic "block" with a hole for the post and another hole at 90
degrees to the post.  There is a metal piece that goes around three sides of
the plastic part an on the post.  Plastic part, metal part are held on with a
nut.  If these parts are there then you can run the white wire through the
hole in the plastic part, going right to left, make a loop down and around the
plastic part.  The loop should be about 1/2 inch in diameter.  Pass the wire
through the plastic part completing the loop with the wire coming out on the
left side.  Connect the wire with the other half going to the coil.  If the
tach is still good then it should work for a positive ground car.  There is an
excellent article on converting to negative ground at the PDLJMPR WEB
Magazine.  If you want to have a positive ground car then look at this article
and  do everything in reverse. I think the correct address is
http://members.tripod.com/PDLJMPR/contents.htm
My computer recently crashed and I lost all of my web address.  Someone in the
newsgroup will correct this if it is wrong.

Good Luck and Enjoy

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)