Re: need honest response.....please

To: "Leo S." <ldsp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 23:22:27 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 19:36 01-03-99 -0600, you wrote:
>O.K. here goes,
>
>If you sold something on the list for a higher price than what its worth,
>for the price you paid( knowing full well you were burned) and the person
>was not happy......would you refund their money? Or would you chalk it up to
>a lesson learned?
>The item was the SIZE described, but wasn't explained it was cheep, cheep,
>double cheep made........My fault?
>
>I  always thought this group was a little more honorable towards each
>other.....or is it just certain ones to beware?
>
>Sorry, but......yes, I am upset.
>
>SUSIE.............(Leo's wife)

Yes, I would be royally p****d off.  And I would say who I dealt with.  I
suggest that 99% of the people on this list are honest, it's that other 1%.

Now I will also add, that as a buyer, you should know what things cost.  If
it's too good to be true, it probably is.  If it's so rare and precious to
command such a price, it's worth a trip or worth having someone else
investigate on your behalf. (Members of the Healey club as usually more
than willing.)  I would also add that one person's trash is another's
treasure.

I don't know what this lesson cost you, but look at it this way, at least
you didn't buy an Eagle Premier.

Best of luck,
Martyn
The Journey, not the destination, becomes a source of wonder.
         (Loreena McKennitt - liner notes - 'The Book of Secrets')