Re: need honest response.....please

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
To: ldsp@flash.net
Subject: Re: need honest response.....please
From: TYPE79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 22:08:43 -0600 (CST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
On 03/01/99 19:36:06 you wrote:

>O.K. here goes,
>
>If you sold something on the list for a higher price than what its worth,
>for the price you paid( knowing full well you were burned) and the person
>was not happy......would you refund their money? Or would you chalk it up to
>a lesson learned?
>The item was the SIZE described, but wasn't explained it was cheep, cheep,
>double cheep made........My fault?
>
>I  always thought this group was a little more honorable towards each
>other.....or is it just certain ones to beware?
>
>Sorry, but......yes, I am upset.
>
>SUSIE.............(Leo's wife)

Susie,
If I were the seller, I would explain exactly what I was selling. I would state
its origin or the fact that it was not original. Since I am usually the sucker
in the crowd, I know what the feeling is to be burned.

If I was selling an original part in used condition or a rare original part in
poor but restorable condition, I would expect the buyer to appreciate the
opportunity.

Example, if I was looking for original Bugeye interior door latches with the
chrome knob (Which I am looking for) and Leo told me that he had a set in
perfect condition, I would expect him to tell me they were made in Taiwan if
that were the case. (From past experience, I would expect Moss Motors to do
just the opposite.) Not to rub salt in the wound, but I have learned to ask
alot of questions, like are the original or are the repro? What is the
condition of the chrome? Are the knobs loose? Is the striker worn? It's strange
but I have found there are varying degrees of "perfect", "excellent", "good"
and "original".

With that said, I would not expect to be burned by someone on this list, at
least someone with whom I have corresponded.

I feel a certain kinship to the other cybersprites on this list, at least those
who are bold enough to come out of the bushes at least on occasion.

I would appreciate a private email containing the name of the nasty one and
some of the details so that I don't get duped myself.

Hope this helps.

Jay Fishbein, CT
AN-5
HAN-6