Re: Missing at high RPM only ... REPORT.

To: dgfox@uswest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Missing at high RPM only ... REPORT.
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:06:38 PST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Dave,
     It may be due to a lean condition occuring at that RPM and load.
Take a spark plug wrench with you and when it occurs hold it there for a
minute or two then shut it off and pull over. Take a spark plug out and
check its condition, if its white you are running lean. If its black you
are running rich or misfiring. Another check is to raise the float
height if the RPM at which it occurs changes then your problem is in the
needle profile or possibly a vacuum leak. If there is no change in the
RPM at which it occurs then I would suspect ignition.
Just my thoughts.
Hope this helps.
Peter S.