Re: Missing at high RPM only ... REPORT.

To: mrbugeye@hotmail.com, dgfox@uswest.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Missing at high RPM only ... REPORT.
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 16:04:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 02/3/1999  12:07:16PM,  mrbugeye@hotmail.com writes:

<< Dave,
      It may be due to a lean condition occuring at that RPM and load.
 Take a spark plug wrench with you and when it occurs hold it there for a
 minute or two then shut it off and pull over. Take a spark plug out and
 check its condition, if its white you are running lean. If its black you
 are running rich or misfiring. Another check is to raise the float
 height if the RPM at which it occurs changes then your problem is in the
 needle profile or possibly a vacuum leak. If there is no change in the
 RPM at which it occurs then I would suspect ignition.
 Just my thoughts.
 Hope this helps.
 Peter S. >>

I agree with Peter and add that if you are not used to plug colours (dark
grey, grey, light grey etc) do a plug 'cut' at an rpm when everything is just
fine - that will give a reference colour.

Daniel1312