Exhaust manafold

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust manafold
From: Bkitterer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 13:34:38 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
List,

Finally getting around to changing the later model of exhaust manifold on our
1275.  We have never seen one of these assembles and we need some help (only
know about older cars :-) ).  We have always had the flare type manifold /
exhaust pipe unit.  The questions on the newer unit are:

1)  Is the end of the exhaust pipe straight and pass through the triangular
clamp, "donut" seal and into the manifold?

2)  Or does the triangular clamp press on a flared end of the exhaust pipe
pressing the "donut" seal between  the pipe and the manafold?

or are both of these guesses wrong?

TIA

Bob and Annice
1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)