Conclave 98 Follow-up

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Conclave 98 Follow-up
From: "R. C. Brown" <rcbrown@lucent.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 14:40:18 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Today, March 5, 1999 only 3 days short of seven months later, my BT7 that went
into the lake during Conclave at Boyne MT, returned home.
The car is now in better shape than when the "incident" occurred.

Among corrective action; the clutch has been replaced, parking brake
repaired, valve job, new exhaust, front end work, "original" carpet and
seat covers reinstalled, and new interior panels. Other minor problems were also
corrected and a new(found at swap meet in a 1982 box) Robbins top installed. I
still need to put the seatbelts in correctly and reinstall the boot interior.

My insurance company (standard street car coverage) considered the car totalled,
but for 15% of the settlement I was able to keep the car with no effect on the
title.  The settlement was far below what is listed in
any of our common references as the value of a 62 BT7. But it took 3months to
get them to agree to what I did get, and it was sufficient
to cover all the work I have had done, with very little left over. (I'll put
that into the wife's Nasty Frog.)

In my 10 years of ownership today is the first time I have had my car out in
early March, just in time for the 3-5 inches of snow that is forecasted for
tonight. As soon as it melts i'll start driving it on a fairly regular basis.

Bob