Weber DCOE

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber DCOE
From: Cfgraf@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 20:06:28 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
This is a great list.  I have been lurking for a while, and have been reading
the Weber thread with great interest, as I am presently sorting a 40DCOE on a
1100 in a 59 Bugeye.  The admonition that the inlet trumpets must be fitted
saved me a lot of work.  Mine were in a box that came with the car from the
PO.  The engine bogged or stalled when the throttle was opened from idle,
making it undrivable.  Installing the trumpets made it MUCH better, though not
perfect.  I will work on the main jets next.  It idles perfectly. Now, where
can I find a good aircleaner that will fit over the trumpets?  The K&N that
came with the car blocks the trumpets; it is not deep enough.  Does anyone
have any suggestions?

Chuck

59 Bugeye
72 JPS Lotus Europa