disc brakes "power stop" rotors,

To: "Sprite Maling List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: disc brakes "power stop" rotors,
From: "Toby Atwater" <tob@taltec.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 18:10:17 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
1st time working on disc brakes so bare with me...

On my newly acquired 69 Sprite, included with the deal was a lot of parts,
including a set of "power stop" drilled rotors. Well I was a all happy and in
the
process of replacing the right one, when I discovered that the new rotor hits
the
caliper mount and prevents the wheel from turning when the center nut is
tightened.
So I unlighted it a bit and it turns but I then took it off and discovered nasty
etching marks on my new rotor. I was not happy. What is the best way to correct
this?. option #1. go to machine shop and have rotor shorted a bit. Option 2,
file
the caliper mount a bit. Option #3 forget the new rotors and go get some stock
ones
at Moss?

P.S. I vow, that this is the last time I try some new piece that isn't stock.
This
ALWAYS happens, I don't know what gods are involved but non-stock stuff always
gives me trouble.  I wonder if I should forget the whole datsun conversion
deal......

Toby