Re: disc brakes "power stop" rotors,

To: tob@taltec.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: disc brakes "power stop" rotors,
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:31:01 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 08/3/1999  2:58:11AM,  tob@taltec.net writes:

<< option #1. go to machine shop and have rotor shorted a bit. Option 2, file
 the caliper mount a bit. Option #3 forget the new rotors and go get some
stock ones
 at Moss?

 P.S. I vow, that this is the last time I try some new piece that isn't stock.
This
 ALWAYS happens, I don't know what gods are involved but non-stock stuff
always
 gives me trouble >>

I would have the diameter of the rotor reduced a fraction.  However, normally
if a large rotor is going to make contact with anything it is with the ball
joint (track rod end).

There are kits that are well engineered and kits that aren't!!  You just have
to pick the right kit and the right supplier.

Daniel1312